It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Starting With Monday...

On Monday I went to the trash event in Harbison Canyon, and to exchange jackets back with Mar., and to try this geocache.  Here we see a successful team approaching the end of their labours.  Yes, they are blindfolded. If the camera was facing the other way we would see the the unsuspecting team not aware they are going to fail.  But we, I mean they, WILL be back!



Wednesday I took a mini-vacation in the afternoon to Mission Bay, at least to start.  After finding and not find some caches there I went over to the kite store on Sports Arena Blvd, right next door to Soma, it turned out!  It's Kite Country, and while the shop is tiny tiny tiny, the owner is extremely knowledgeable.  And he can do it all, for a fair price, mind you.  You bought a cheap import kite that won't fly?  He can probably make it fly.   But it may cost more than the kite did.  Maybe you should have bought a kite from him in the first place! I'm seriously thinking about getting a beginner's parafoil stunt-type kite.

He used to manufacture fighter kites in the 70s.  I searched a bit and found one of his kites sold for more than ten times what he used to sell them for.  Wow!

I picked up a couple of caches on Kurtz, the next street over.  It's a one way street, so I had the usual drama getting there, and then of course the muggles.  Saw this boat and had to take a picture of it.  It's one of the Il Moro di Venezia America's Cup Class boats from the early 90s.  There were five boats, I don't know which one this is.  Even though it is in the Consignment Classics yard I don't know if it is for sale.  Probably just an opportune place to store it.



Next I drove over to Old Town and actually found a place to park.  Near a particular cache I saw this big 'ol pumpkin nestled in the bushes.


Later in the Presidio trail area I found, instead of a cache, a pot smoker's pipe under a rock!  What a surprise.  I quickly put it back.   And found the cache a few minutes later.

And today, Thursday, I have secured a couple of pics of the renovated library, into which we are scheduled to move back around May 11th.



The library office picture has way to much reflection, but it's not very close to being done, to my mind.



Well, we will see how it goes, I'm maybe grumpy because it is so unseasonably WARM in the bungalow room.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you eat at Chick-fil-A? They cook their chicken in peanut oil. There's one by the Sports Arena.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers