It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
I wish I had a picture of me not smoking to put here.
I don't NEED one.
I don't DESERVE one.
I just WANT one!
Monday, August 28, 2006
Did you notice the title box that popped up when you pointed the linked text? I just learned how to do that! I am SO proud. But I probably will forget to do it the next time...
Saturday, August 26, 2006
That's what people ask me.
Did I? Well, if the criteria was, did I accomplish anything, let us look at the list:
- Learn MySQL. Nope. I DID get it installed, though.
- Ride bicycle. Yeh, I rode about half as much as I wanted, and achieved some minor goals.
- Wash vehicle. Nope. I did buy washing fluid. Need a mitt.
- Get mulch. Didn't happen.
- Get summer job. Ha, ha, on THAT one!
- Stop smoking. Off and on, but not stopped. Don't tell the kids.
- Visit Deety and Linh. Nope.
- Gardening. Well, I DID chop that darn root out of the ground!
- Tour de France. I spent most of July watching the race. That's what July is for!
- Oil change. I got the oil changed in the vehicle. Second oil change in less than 2,000 miles, FYI.
- Work on railroad. I got the hoist finished and rebuilt the background panel.
- Blogging. I did a bit of blogging.
- Youtube. I made several silly (as in lame, not humorous) little movies.
- Reading. I read a bunch of books.
So I leave it up to you, did I have a good summer?
Saw this on the Warrior Librarian site.
Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Theresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
--Life's Little Instruction Book, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
There just wasn't enough time.
All the books take place during high school. There are 58 eight books in the original series. I figure each mystery averaged three weeks to solve, what with trips to Puerto Rico, Mexico, Alaska, Blythe, and who know where else! That comes to 164 weeks, I figure.
That doesn't leave a lot of time for school.
Either that or those boys never slept!
And it's no wonder their relationships with Callie and Iola fared so poorly, the boys were always off on another adventure!
Freighters! I forgot the frieghter trip! I loved that one, I always wanted to go on a freighter after that!
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Many of the people, and they seem to be the younger ones, wish their grandparents were like him. Or even that they had grandparents that they knew.
I just wanted to say, there are wonderful people all over the place out there. I would suggest they talk to the people they see on the street, or volunteer at a hospital or rest home. Our seniors have lived a lot of life and they have great experiences and stories to tell. There are a lot of lonely people out there that would like someone to talk to, I bet.
So, how did my day go, you ask? Well, you didn't, but I got to complain
Got to work
was on and TRYING TO REBOOT over and over. So I guess it's been trying to do
that for several weeks, as I heard later some "office staff" were using the
library while the office was being cleaned.
So that computer is now dead.
And to start the day, I went to the credit union to deposit my $50.00 ATT DSL
rebate, thinking now we will make it through the month, grocery-wise, and I
look in the check register and find SOMEONE sent $50 to charities a few days
Just shoot me!
Friday, August 18, 2006
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Got my teeth cleaned today. No cavaties. Technician said I need to floss more.
Painted another coat on the background side panel for the RR.
Finished Holy Trinity by Richard Marcinko.
Back to work Tuesday!
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
- A bartender who had skewered his hand with a wine glass he was cleaning.
- A homeless lady with back pain who lives in a van.
- A twenty-something with possible appendicitis.
- A younger woman being released who had no cab fare. The bartender's boss gave her $30! Wow!
- A 600 pound woman they had to get a regular bed for.
We got home around four in the morning. I finished my John Mortimer book and fell asleep till eight. Then:
- I got up
- Ate breakfast
- Put the garbage can out on the curb
- Cashed in the recycling cans
- Bought a piece of hardboard at Home Depot
- Bought time-release fertilizer at Dixieline
- Bought bird seed, both sunflower and regular at Petco
- Bought cigarettes at the cigarette store
- Bought acrylic flow releaser at Michaels
- Bought groceries at Albertsons
- Forgot to return library books
That's about it for my errands. Now I need to do something with all the stuff I bought!
- ► 2016 (79)
- ► 2015 (125)
- ► 2014 (135)
- ► 2013 (132)
- ► 2012 (64)
- ► 2011 (81)
- ► 2010 (71)
- ► 2009 (41)
- ► 2008 (73)
- ► 2007 (84)
- ▼ August (11)