It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Thanksgiving Vacation -- Day One

I went geocaching in the early AM.  I parked down by the Amigo Spot/Waffle Spot and walked up the hill.  I found the first cache, eventually, then I walked up the hill some more and found the second cache, eventually.  The second cache completed my personal goal for 2014 of an AVERAGE of two caches found per day.

I walked by down the hill, but decided to see if I could locate the stairs I had seen on Google Maps.  I did find them, too!  I didn't have the nerve to go up and see where they go, though.  There was some litter at the base of the stairs, including a very cute little box that said "Joe" on it, containing several Jr. Ranger badges from various National Parks, and some patches.  I wonder what the story is with those?



How short are those handrail posts?


Driving over to Fashion Valley I got behind this smokey truck. He only smoked when starting off, but it was VERY smokey and very smelly.  I can't remember what it smelled like, now, but it was very pungent.  At this point I had been behind him for maybe a mile, and I was letting him get ahead of me a bit so I didn't have to smell his stink.


But at the stop light I was kinda stuck.  And off he goes, while I'm turning right.


After parking at Fashion Valley and walking a bit more to find a cache, I found a group of cyclists on a ride in front of me.


And then I went home, for to share this all with YOU!

And wash the clothes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DAD, you can report those vehicles, see this page: http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/complaints/smoke.htm

There is also a place to report if someone throws trash from their car. You can look that up if you want.

About Me

Where's that post about 'shoes'?

Squeakycyclist's Shared Stuff

Blog Archive

Followers