It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Finishing Up What I Started Yesterday, and, A Message On My Answering Machine!


I went back to finish what I started yesterday, the flume trail geocaches.


Driving to the trailhead, I was suddenly confronted with El Cajon Mountain rising up from behind these homes.  What do you suppose this view sells for?  About a million bucks, says Zillow.


File Size: 256 KB (Not so large)

NOTICE TO DIAL-UP USERS: Large images are noted with the file size.


I headed out on my journey of discovery, as it were, but was unable to find the first three caches.  Yikes!  This bodes no ease!

I have no idea what this is, but there is one there, and one across the canyon.




Near the last cache, which was actually the FIRST I was able to find today, there is bench to sit on.  I stood on it to take these pics.

Is that Cowles Mountain in the distance?  I think it is!




File Size: 1.2 MB


El Cajon Mt. always make a dramatic pic, don't you think?


File Size: 1.4 MB


I managed to find all the caches on the way back, in reverse order.  This was the last one, right near where I parked.

I was trying to see if the cache was in here so I used the camera on the phone to take a picture.  I couldn't see the dark picture to good in the bright sunlight, so...




I used the camera camera to take a pic, with its much brighter flash.  Yup, there it is!  Sure glad I wore a glove on the hand I slid in there!





I found six caches today, including two in Lakeside, for a total of 743 found this year, and 2,945 "lifetime" total.

When I got home I found I had my first telephone message from the Internal Revenue Services threatening me with legal action.  I feel so special!








No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers