It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, May 02, 2014

Friday

I went geocaching on the way to work this morning.  I was first to find. There were a lot of roses.


I'm using Japanese papers to repair some books.  I'm using a technique I read about instead of using scissors.  A water brush is used to moisten the line of separation, then you just gently tear it.  You get an very feathery edge that blends in very well to the paper.  Compare the scissors cuts with the water brush tears.


That's handmade Japanese paper. Fourteen bucks a sheet (a big sheet, 30 inches by 20 inches or something like that).  But a little goes a very long way.

I'm still using Demco Norbond book repair glue to fasten the paper, I'm too lazy to mix up the wheat starch paste just yet. I'm not doing archival repairing here!

It is still very hot here, especially for the season.  Where is our May Gray?



1 comment:

Deanne said...

You should have taken before & after of the book repair. ;o)

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers