It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Saturday Afterafternoon

I forget what I did this morning, except that I went downtown to look for some caches & to check on one of my own.  I didn't find any of the ones I was looking for, but mine was in its place, so that was good.

After waking up, eating, and talking to Matt I headed off to the event.  I planned to get to the area early so I could look for a couple of caches.  I passed a gold vase in the road on the way to the parking spot.  It was gone when I got back from the hike to a cache, which I found.


I went looking for another cache a couple of miles away, it was missing, sadly.  That make three DNFs today, and two Finds, including the event "cache".

I went, to the event, and received my certificate. The event has a MASH theme, to recognize cachers who have sustained injuries caching, or even non-caching related illnesses and injuries.  About a quarter of the attendees had some sort of military garb on.  I wore my field jacket and some other clothing that looked military, in an eclectic sort of way.


I also ate pizza.

I am so tired now that I can't remember all the stuff that happened.

That certificate is SO well done, and I'm going to frame it.  I got some other swag, too.  Several people came up to talk to me.  One person told me they liked my log entries a lot.  Another like the photo I posted on the log entry for her Cat Lady cache.  I believe I posted that picture here, too, back in January.  I got to meet some other people.  One guy was much taller than I had pictured, and younger, too. 

That's about all I got for now!



No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers