It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, December 29, 2014

Sunday & Monday

Sunday I went geocaching.  Big surprise!  I went to Santee and Lakeside and even braved Wildcat Canyon Road to pick up a few caches on Muth Valley Road.

Here's a pic from the path at Lakeside River Park:




That evening I made a salad for dinner.  I may have dumped too many Bacon Bits on there...



While logging my finds yesterday I noted there were bunch of caches just to the north at Oakoasis County Park.  So I went there TODAY (Monday).

I missed the turn the first time so I had to turn around and hit it the other way, which I did.

Parked (no charge!) and headed out on the trails.  Lots of oak trees!



I can't remember what these flowers ARE, but I'm pretty sure they ARE NOT lemonade berry flowers. I think.



There was a lot of hiking involved, but most of it was pretty flat.  Except the parts that weren't!

I was most impressed with the views of the San Vicente Reservoir.

Here are a couple pics I took from one view point.  Vote for your favorite!

Picture #1



Picture #2



After a GREAT DEAL of further hiking along secret trails I got to a view point that was quite a bit closer.


I particularly was entranced with that island (Lowell Island), which is not an island until the water level comes up a bit more.


I found thirteen caches today for a 100% find rate. For today. Only.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salad is good. Don't forget your protein!

The Squeaky Cyclist said...

There's enough salt in them bits of fake bacon to turn Lake Murray into a salt lake, I reckon.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers