It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pearl Harbor Day

December 7th has a number of significances to me.  And that number is two.  It's Pearl Harbor Day, of course, and it was my mother-in-law's birthday.

I read in a fark.com thread about the problems at the Arizona Memorial, and some poignant accounts of visitors there, not all American.

Here is the picture of the manzanita bush at work that had the tent over it.  They took the tent off when the rains had stopped, so I guess it was rain-related.





I went geocaching today Santee Lakeside, El Cajon, and Blossom Valley. Here is yet another panoramic view of the El Monte valley from high up above Blossom Valley.



File size: 1.7MB

The walk up the hill to where I took that panorama was QUITE strenuous, but I needed the exercise after my slothful day yesterday. I found ten geocaches today, and didn't find two.

Matt came by after I got home and we went to La Torta.  I had a #10, a "Camelia", which was pretty tasty.



Back to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers