It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thursday

It is getting so I can't remember what to write, and what NOT to write.

Pictures are always good, though!

The view from the podiatrist's office (Tuesday).


Oh, come on, tell this is not amusing!



Today, Thursday, I went for a scan in Mira Mesa, and went looking for some geocaches in the area, both before and after.  I found six, and two of them were ones I had looked for before, so that was good.  Then I called up Matt and we (eventually, as I missed several exits getting there) met up in La Jolla and had lunch at the Bella Vista Social Club & CaffĂ©, which is a very nice place to be.  The bathrooms are the cleanest I have ever seen, although there was a slight sense of chemicals, but that may have been me (because of the scan...).  The food was good, and there was a lovely view towards the ocean and the glider port.

It being Thursday, I went over to the weekly car show to look around.  Here are some of the vehicles I noted:
 
A 1965 Dodge Dart.


Uh, that is NOT a Slant-6


Looks nothing like MY old Dodge Dart!


A 1965 Volkswagen.


I have no idea what kind of car this is.


But I took a picture of the engine thinking it was an old flathead, then I read the air scoop*...  And did these old timers ever come with V-8s?  I'm thinking not...

*and then I read the wiki article on Hemi Engines! Also, the wiki article on the Chrysler Hemi engine has some details on the 392 cubic inch engine.


I brought my Lotus Super Seven Matchbox car (Actually, it's a Caterham R500 Superlight) just to pose with the real thing (I think), but it didn't come out so good.


Snazzy!


VW Thing.  I always kinda wanted one of these.



I said to a guy standing nearby, "What the heck is that?". 
He said, "I think it's a Willys." 
I replied, "Well, DOH, I guess that is what that big ole 'W' is for!"


Well, that's about all I got for today!

Oh, it was 91 degrees here.  And 48 percent humidity.

There, that is all!




No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers