It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wednesday, Feels Like Saturday

 I burned some incense in the burner I got from my mother.  Now the apartment smells like hippies.

Is this politically correct?

I went to the doctor this morning.  I do NOT have thrombosis, nor do I have lactic acidosis. Good to know.  I got a prescription for a shampoo that may stop the red patches I get in hairy areas on my head.  Too much information?

AFTER the doctor I stopped by the book store and BOUGHT, actually PURCHASED WITH MONEY (well, credit) a copy of Crashed, by Timothy Hallinan. It goes on the To Read pile, below Seveneves, by Neal Stephenson. But above Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid, by Douglas Hofstadter, which I shall never finish.  But I SHALL finish Cryptonomicon, again by Neal Stephenson, I vow it!  I am half-way through it!

Then I went out to Blossom Valley for a little geocaching, loading two caches into the phone app.  A semi-steep trail leads down to the old flume trail.  I headed west for one cache, the other is east.  After 2/10s of a mile I found the spot, but I couldn't find the cache.  I looked all over,  and after expanding my search, as we say, I located it in plain sight.  It has a bad case of sun-rot (decomposition of the plastic container) and is actually held together by a strip of cloth someone fashioned.  I let the cache owner know when I logged it.  I continued west on the trail for a bit, thinking I would see where it ends, then I decided that at wearing shorts, being in the sun, and lots of stickers were not a good combination, so I headed back for the other cache.

On the way back I noticed lots of bugs on the bushes I had passed.  Are these ticks?  I took a picture, but it is out of focus and useless.  Here it is, none the less:

At least the ground is in focus.

Bugs bugs bugs, it was bugs on bushes all the way to the next cache, and all the way back.  The bugs didn't seem to like sticker bushes or rosemary, but they liked this kind, I think it is mustard.

I found this Altoids tin cache container, it looks rather like a paint roller tray, does it not?

 Cute, ain't it!

I did a careful bug check when I got back to the vehicle, and another outside while de-stickering my socks and shoes, and another, more thorough, in the bathroom.  Starkers. Again, TMO.

Oh, I forgot the panorama I made!  You get two, the pretty-big-but-still-smaller-than-the-original, and the full size moby 12 meg one with full detail, such as it is.


File Size: 500KB

And the moby one:



I found a few more caches on the way back to the freeway.  This one had the log jammed in, and so I have taken it upon myself to create this information graphic, for geocachers every where, showing How To Replace A Log Sheet Into A Bison-Type Container:




I also did NOT find a certain cache that had a dead possum nearby.  Said dead possum had LARGE green beetles on it, or maybe they were MUTANT flies, I don't know, I didn't look very closely at it.  The smell was annoying.  I didn't find the cache because the cache is gone, though, not because of the dead possum.

I stopped by to pick up my shampoo from the drug store, but had to waste twenty minutes as the pharmacist was at lunch.  So I bought a bunch of junk food.  Oatmeal cookies, crackers, tamales in a can, chili in a can, and something else in a can, I forget just what (EDIT: Corn beef hash. Yum!).  Also a bag of lettuce, prewashed.

When I got  home it occurred to me that I could make something nutritious.  Oatmeal is healthy, right? Peanut butter is healthy (sort of), right?  Oatmeal cookies with peanut butter, what could be better for someone with type II diabetes, right?


DISCLAIMER:  THIS MAY ACTUALLY NOT BE HEALTHY
 

Card catalog drawer for size comparison, since I am lacking a banana.

Well, that's all I can think of, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No picture of the possum?

Deanne said...

My college roommate used to burn incense in our room. I was surprised that it didn't bother my allergies! Hope those weren't ticks. I should send you a picture of the spider I found on my kitchen window yesterday. It looked gnarly but I googled it and I think it was just a grass spider.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers