It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, July 05, 2013

Up and Down

I got up this morning and headed out to Kwaay Paay Peak to get that geocache that some dastardly person put there.  I was talking to a fellow in the parking lot who asked about the dam. Turned out he used to live in the area when just a lad, and was visiting some of his old haunts.  But everything looks so different from the 80s!

As I was heading up the trail I met up with another guy, Gary, who had asked questions about the trail earlier.  We pretty much stayed together all the way up.  I told him about geocaching, and show him the the cache when I found it.  Good thing it was a pretty nice cache!  I may have got him interested.  Turned out his wife went to the same high school as I did, graduating five years before me.

After we got back down, we went our separate ways.  I have been wanting to find the Horse Coffin, and I had an idea where it might be, so I walked by along the road/trail to the south quite a ways past where I thought it might be, and finally spotted it.

Shootin' shells embedded in the concrete.



I saw the figure 5 in shells.



Sittin' by the old oak tree. On a horse coffin?



Well, that's about it for this morning. Time for a nap!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Where did you hear about this horse coffin? Who's horse was it?

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers