It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, July 12, 2013

Out and About

I got up early and went geocaching, around six AM or so.

From the top of Horseshoe Bend (which is now bisected by a freeway) we see Sweetwater Reservoir to the north.



All these pictures (except some of the flowers) were taken on the top of Horseshoe Bend. Link goes to an interesting little map, but the pointer is on the wrong side of the bend, which is, as I said, bisected by the toll freeway. My part of the ridge is to the west, on the other side of the tollway..

A mysterious "T", set in cement.



Artistic shot of rocks, nuts, and bolt.



With Gobbler's Knob in the sort of in the background, we see the other side of the balancing rocks.  The knob is down there where the houses are.  An unprepossessing "peak".



A benchmark I noted and logged.



The trailhead and the truck are way down there!



Now we got flowers.  I do not know what most of them are, so don't ask.  I'm not too good at taking macro images.  A clean leans might help it auto focus!



I know this one.  Buckwheat!  California Buckwheat (Eriogonum fasciculatum), I'm pretty sure.




I wish I had taken a better picture, this one is kinda odd looking.



Is anything on this photo in focus?



 I found two caches on top of Horseshoe Bend. I found four caches over north of Mt. San Miguel Community Park.

That is about it for geocaching today!

Now, for television last night...

I watched several episodes of The Book Group, finishing with the last episode of the series.  Just loved it.  I don't usually laugh at television when there is no one to share it which, but I did watching this!  Not for kids, though.  It is described as a "black comedy". Could be helpful if you speak some Swedish, Spanish, and Dutch.  And some of Scottish speakers might as well be speaking ancient Greek.

I then watched two episodes of The Librarians, one of Black Books (about a bookstore), and finally an episode of my beloved Coupling.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers