It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, August 12, 2013

Slough Ride

This morning I made pancakes for breakfast.  With coffee (instant). I think I am getting better at this!


This afternoon Matt and I went down to check out the Famosa Slough, off of West Point Loma Boulevard.  There are a few geocaches there, we found all five, plus there are a LOT of birds..

By the way, some of these pictures are over 200KB, so the big version may take a while to load if you are on dial up.


Don't know what they are, but there are two of them. They may be Yellow-Breasted Chats.


Besides the geocaches, my main interest was the old railroad trestle.  I read it dates back to 1924, and was for the streetcars that ran out to Ocean Beach.  I wonder if the rail service to La Jolla came this way?


Same kind of bird that was on the wire, I think. This one is backlit for your artistic appreciartion.


This bird seemed to have no head. We thought it was dead.


Then it moved, but it didn't run away.  This is NOT zoomed, the birdie was about ten feet from us. That is my shadow being cast over it!


Airplanes were going over every few minutes, taking off from Lindbergh Field.


Very colorful, Matt said they were nasturtiums. They are an invasive species, having escaped from gardens. They crowd out native plants.  But they are very pretty!


Guy Wire Guy is surprised.  


We didn't see but two non-bird animals, a squirrel, and this wild creature.  It just stood there staring at us.


I saw a bunch of little tiny arms waving from the mud as the tide went down.  I guess they were crabs in the mud. We couldn't get any closer.


We were pretty hungry by the time we got out of there, so we stopped by In-N-Out Burger.  My cheeseburger was excellent.  Matt's Animal Style Fries were excellent, too!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers