It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday -- I went to the library to return a book. Saw this sitting by the fence. I have no idea.

2011July16 At The Libary 001

Unfortunately, the book I wanted was not at THIS (San Diego County) library, but at the San Carlos (San Diego City) library. So, I headed over there. Unfortunately, they were closed. They close at 2:30 on Saturday. And, they are not open on Sunday or Monday. Yay San Diego! How can the County keep their libraries open Sunday AND Monday, with longer hours, but the City can not?

I also popped over to the Fletcher Hills branch, just on the off-chance, but they did not have it. Oh, well!

I also picked up a geocache in Fletcher Hills Park.

Today-- I went geocaching in Mission Valley, snapped my walking stick in a hole-on-a-hill, then headed over to Mission Trails Regional Park. Here's the poor stick. Now it's more of a cane! At least I found the geocache!

2011July17 geocaching 003

The plan at the park was to get the caches around the rock climbing area. It was a pretty steep climb up, but the views were great!

2011July17 geocaching 004

I followed the trail along the base of the rock climbing cliffs. There were a few people climbing in the early morning cloudiness. I didn't get any good/dramatic pics, though.

Here's a climber. There is another guy above him, out of the shot.

2011July17 geocaching 006

Here's some of the rocks they climb. This picture goes on top of the one before, but the 'above' guy is in the cleft somewhere.

2011July17 geocaching 005

The trails are pretty funky and I had trouble following them. I was kind of lost, actually. I talked to a woman who had the trails maps, which didn't help too much, but reassured me that there WOULD be a way down, when I so chose to go.

Since I never did figure out a way up and over the rocks, and declined the kind offer of the rock climbers to go up their ropes, the last cache I found was, well, the last. But it was the best, too! Can you spot it?

2011July17 geocaching 007

Well, that leaves me with three caches still to find. WAY UP there! Maybe I'll get a helicopter!

Here's a panorama I tried to create. I had to edit the rocks a bit on the left as the pics did not stitch together properly. Click on the image to visit my zooomr page, where the BIG version is!

2011July17 geocaching 008_stitch

Heading DOWN the trail to the road I encountered several groups of people heading UP the hill to climb them some rocks. You could tell, they mostly all were wearing their climbing harnesses. They looked like they had garter belts on! And with the sun coming out, they were sweatin'.

Total caches found today: six.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Wouldn't catch me climbing up those rocks!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers