It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Thursday?

The summer is wasting away, and I'm getting nothing done. It's too darn hot!  It was 95 today, and muggy! I hear tell it's gonna cool down a bit tomorrow, though.

I DID manage to get up and walk over to the parking lot at the strip mall to stash a new geocache. Here's a couple of pics:

The cache:-- I don't know where I was going with this camouflage. I'm talking about the rock. I finally gave up and decided to JUST PLACE IT!

2011July07 geocache 001

The stash -- It does blend in nicely, though, and the rock keeps it sticking up, like a piece of wood.

2011July07 geocache003

I went home and submitted the cache, then chauffeured to the doctor. Nothing was accomplished there, as the results hadn't come in yet.  I talked the chauffeuree into riding along to the pharmacy to pick up some meds that were ready.  Oh, no, they were not, the doctor (not the one we had just been to.) declined to renew the prescription, for reasons that made sense. Even so, I was a bit miffed at having driven all the way up there.

On the way back I noticed several vehicles clustered around the spot where I hid the cache. Oh, ho, says I, it has been published! So I pull in, wind down the window, and yell out, "What are you guys doing?" One of them finally admitted they were geocaching. It was obvious they were looking in the wrong spot, so I said, "Wasn't the hint helpful?" The hint, by the way, was "not magnetic". A bit of humor on my part. They figured out I was the cache owner, and asked for a better hint. I said, 'On the ground", and they made the find.

I had my darn camera with me and didn't take a pic!



Tonight I finally cobbled together an overhead view (mostly) of the Corson Buoyant Transfer RR. You can click the pic for an image TWICE as large on my zooomr page!!

2011July07 model railroad MODIFIED

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers