It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What Day Is IT?

I ask, 'cause I wrote the wrong date (AGAIN) on both the geocaches I found today.

And it's not like I don't carry a watch, and the GPSr has the date, too.

I went caching  to two different spots in Mission Trail Regional Park today.  I found waypoint #2 of a five part multicache, which gave me the co-ordinates to waypoint # 3. Which I will attempt another day.  The five parts form a giant star shape. I don't count this as a cache find, but there are three more locations to find.


Cache number one was rather near that, just up the powerline road from Oak Canyon to the Fortuna Saddle. It was a puzzle cache, wherein one had to solve a puzzle to to discover the co-ordinates. It was pretty easy, though.  I had a lot of trouble finding it, thought maybe I got the co-ordinates wrong. As I was composing the Did Not Find log entry in my head I looked once again in the spot I had looked in several times already, and there it was. Magic! See the pic!

2011July27 geocaches 001

No, it was NOT out in the open like that!

The things I do!


As I was hiking back to the vehicle I saw two guys fishing at the dam. I didn't know you could do that!

2011July27 Dam Fishing

I drove back to a spot near the base of Cowles Mountain and quickly made the find of cache number three.  Then I drove over to Big Lots to look for a patio-type blind, but I couldn't find them. I didn't ask anyone for help, of course. I see, on line, that they have them. So, I shall have to go back there, I guess. While I was in the neighborhood I looked, futilely, for a nearby geocache. I didn't find it. I guess that's the "futile" in futiley.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers