It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, July 11, 2011

Walkin' The Boulevard

I went a-walking again today, nearly all way down to College and El Cajon Blvd.

I snuggled up my Tilly hat so the breeze wouldn't blow it away. It was not too warm, and the breeze helped keep me cool. I brought a bottle of water (unlike yesterday) and kept my hands in my pant's pockets so they wouldn't burn.

Hey, look, Poptarts! Breakfast in a bag!

2011July11 Walking Again 004

Many of the utility boxes in La Mesa have been decorated. It's very nice.

I wonder what manner of business is this building near 70th and El Cajon? Not a sign to be seen.

El Cajon Blvd 02
Image from Google Maps. That's why it is cloudy!

Going around the back...nothing.

2011July11 Walking Again 001

I had hopes for something interesting on the roof, in view of that break in the roofline up there, maybe a sun deck, with a grill? But no.

El Cajon Blvd 03
Image from Google Maps. Again, the clouds.

Notice the two protuberances that, uh, protrude, on the right, through the fence, and are at least six feet high. Compare on the street-side view. What's up with that?

Nothing interesting happened the rest of the way west. I ran my errand, then headed back.

Up around 73rd, where the county Welfare Office is, I noticed a "medicinal" pot store right next to a taco shop. Planned or serendipity?

El Cajon Blvd 01
Image from Google Maps

"Got Dank", indeed!

A couple of blocks along I saw this camera just sitting there. Took a picture, but did not even TOUCH the camera.

2011July11 Walking Again 003

Purty flowers, but the utility box needs some decorating.

I think I over-estimated my little trip yesterday, that one was more like three miles. THIS one was around four miles! (Gmaps pedometer says today's walk was 5.2 miles. And it says yesterday's romp was 4.1 miles. So THERE!)

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers