It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Heated Reading

Geez, it's sure warm! Time to unbox that new box fan!

I started reading Shannon Hale's Enna Burning yesterday, but put it aside to start Zen And Now -- On the trail of Robert Pirsig and the Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance, by Mark Richarson. I cannot say enough about Richardson's book, I really enjoyed reading it. I read straight through, except for eight hours sleep, and finished it this mid-morning.

For some reason I had got it in my head the Pirsig rode a Norton in Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance (ZMM). So I'm looking at the cover of Zen And Now, with its vintage Honda, thinking: art directors, honestly!  Then, I see an interior illustration clearly showing a man and a boy riding an old Honda. Huh, what is up with that? THEN, I read on to find that Pirsig rode a Honda 305 Superhawk in ZMM. And he still owns it!, but doesn't ride it anymore, no license. And Richardson met the current owner of the Sutherland's BMW. how cool is that?

Did I mention how much I enjoyed reading Zen And Now??

I read Hale's Princess Academy  in 2008, and enjoyed it very much. Enna Burning has not really got me going, yet, but I'm sure it will turn around, not unlike Princess.

After I finish Enna I will start up with William Least-Heat Moon's Roads To Quoz, which is quite a large volume, massing 592 pages.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers