It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, February 12, 2010

What Day Is It, Anyway? Part II

Why isn't Wait Wait on the radio this morning? It's FRIDAY, that's why!

I talked Phil into going geocaching today. It's his first time! We headed out to Santee to pick up some caches around Big Rock Park.

We found all the three we were looking for. They were pretty easy. I let him find them, but I must admit I spotted them first. Geopiles are fairly obvious!

It was real purty, the rains have made everything what passes for green in San Diego. The rivulets had a bit of water in them. A babbling rivulet sort-of-thing.

2010February12 geocaching 002

What with my north-south confusion, we had to do a bit more walking than necessary. It was a little embarrassing! I really SHOULD program the co-ordinates into the GPSr!

I took him over to that really crafty hide that I had so much trouble with, just to show him what a hard one was like. He was suitably impressed.

I noticed some sparkly fools gold nearby. It was real sparkly, but the camera does not seem to have captured it. Even in the REAL BIG size!

2010February12 geocaching 005

On my way home I stopped at a new cache location. I saw this sporty Alfa Romeo. At least, I THINK it's an Alfy (Alfie?). I did not see a badge or logo on a cursory examination. I saw a little badge on the driver's side, but I did not want to get too close, you know how people are about their cars!

2010February12 geocaching 006

I had to walk all the way across the park, past two Little League fields, to get near where I thought the cache was. I turned on the GPSr...and discovered I had left the co-ordinates in the truck. Well, I'm too lazy to walk ALL the way back, so I persevered and followed the trail of disturbed long green grass, and I FOUND it! Wow, without even using the GPSr! I am so proud of myself!

But I REALLY should enter the co-ordinates into the GPSr, don't you think?

1 comment:

Matthew Fedder said...

I think it shows up pretty nicely - did you TEST if it was real?

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers