It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Too Bad

I was fooling around with maps last night and found a nifty site, HistoricAerials, with lots of historical aerial photos, at least of the San Diego area. Lots of fun!

I was also over at the Abandoned & Little Known Airfields site. Love that place! Remember the blimp field at Del Mar? I always intended to figure out a way to visit what was left of it, a circular ring next to the freeway.

I could swear I saw blimps flying around when I was a kid, but that field stopped flying them before I was born, so they must have been from Tustin or someplace. Or I dreamed about them.

I looked at Geocaching.com to see if there were any caches there, especially related to the blimp field. I found out that the whole place is now a sewage pond! So I will never get to visit it, now. But the little bridge to the field is supposed to be preserved, so maybe I'll have to settle, as it were, for that!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers