It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rainy Saturday

I planned to go geocaching today, in spite of the promised rain. The INSTANT I finished my bowl of bran flakes, the rain started! In spite of, and with blue rain jacket in hand, I trucked on over to Chollas Lake, but it was locked up tight. Just as well, it would have been fairly miserable clomping around. My feet might have gotten wet!

Since Lucky turned into Albertsons a couple of yars (ten?) past, I've decided to retire this, my Lucky Rewards keycard.

2010February26 Lucky

Pepsi now comes in a twenty can pack, instead of twenty-four cans. I forget what I paid for it, but the grocery checker said it would probably rise to the old price, the way things go. He got me a two-dollar off coupon for the Pepsi. That must be my Lucky Reward!

Back to the rain...

Through the screen door this afternoon:

Jungle backyard...

2010February27 rain 003

Sun-lit backyard...

2010February27 rain 004

Taken with a few seconds of each other, the difference between flash and no flash?

The drainage of said yard could stand some engineering. Flood time on the Mississippi!

2010February27 rain 005

No wonder my broom is rotting away!

That reminds me, March 12th is the anniversary of the St. Francis Dam failure. Very tragic, very interesting, and a very pretty canyon. Might be a nice place to live, now that the dam is gone. But, I wonder if the Aqueduct pipe going through the valley broke, would it siphon Northern California dry?

I just finished reading Time Spike, by Eric Flint and Marilyn Kosmatka. I have taken on the task of TRYING to read Anathema, by Neal Stephenson.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Those were pretty cool pictures of the rain in your backyard. Really looks like a jungle, minus the clothes line. The Lucky keycard has certainly seen better days. I found out the other day that John & Jacob have geocached before on their Indian Guide camping trips. I'll find out what they found.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers