It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, February 15, 2010

Last Day

Yes, it's the Last Day of Geocaching, I mean to say, the four-day holiday.

I went over to Chollas Lake to find some more caches. Which I did. Find some, not find some. Talked to a lady dog-walker/geocacher. And saw some stuff. Like:

Pretty view from Collage Grove Drive, to the west-ish. Just missed an airliner landing.

2010February15 Chollas Lake 004

No fear on the BMX course.

2010February15 Chollas Lake 005

I didn't know soccer (football) fields came in two sizes!

2010February15 Chollas Lake 006

I could have parked a lot closer if I had known there was parking down there!

2010February15 Chollas Lake 007

Captain Squeaky braving the tempest, in search of a New Land!

2010February15 Chollas Lake 008

I had two Did Not Finds, so I had to head over to the Federal Blvd. bike path for another DNF, then bushwacked my way to the walking path for my 300th geocache find, which was titled "The Roar Of 94", alluding to the noisy highway passing nearby.

I was playing with the GPSr, learning some of its features. Here are some statistics from today's journey:
The Chollas Lake part --

Distance traveled: 3.13 miles
Maximum speed: 6.0 (Huh?)
Moving time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stopped time: 1 hour 42 minutes
Moving speed average: 2.5 mph
Overall average: 1.1 mph
Total distance traveled, including the Federal Blvd. path part:
Distance traveled: 3.95 miles.
Ain't that all just as interesting as heck?

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers