It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday At The Lake

I went over to Chollas Lake this afternoon, to get the geocaching bug out. I haven't been there for quite a while. It's pretty nice. I found there was a new parking area that I haven't seen, and a nice little nature trail. The trail could use some signage, as far the the plants and trees. I heard a couple trying to figure out what kind of tree they were looking at. I was no help!

A big tree seems to have fallen down. Since it can't get up, they are sawing it to pieces.

2010February13 geocaching

I did not find all the caches, so I will have to return sometime soon!

LATER: I totally forgot to put this in! I was driving down University Ave., just coasting 'cause it's kind of down grade a little bit, when I pressed on the acclerator pedal and NOTHING HAPPENED! What the heck? I pressed it again. Zippo! I finally figured out the engine is OFF! I coasted over to the side and parked. Not much traffic thank goodness! What if this had happened on the freeway? I tried starting the engine. It cranked, and even fired for a instant, then...nothing. I said to myself, what do I do now? I sat for minute, then decided to push the reset button on the you-know-what. The evil Fuel Shut Off Switch. I had to get out of the vehicle and open the passenger door to get a shot at it. I pressed it, went back around, got in, and it started right up.

That is TWICE now that the little booger has done this! I guess it's too late for warranty, it's been five years (but only 7,000 miles). I'll have to buy a new one and put it in myself, I guess. Hey, do I have a birthday coming up soon?

I guess the moral is, know where your evil Fuel Shut Off Switch is.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers