It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, February 13, 2015

Some President's Day

I drove out to Sycamore Park Drive this morning.  There were geocaches to be found!  It's off the 67, and if you have to turn left in heavy traffic it could be seriously bad. You probably should go up the road a mile and make a u-turn.  I was lucky that traffic was light today.

I parked at the Sycamore Canyon Preserve Highway 67 Staging Area and walked back to the 67, about a mile and change, finding all nine geocaches along the way.  And then walking all the way back. 

And I took these pictures on the way back, too!

This is the end of the paved road.  Good thing I had a sturdy vehicle!  Earlier I saw an SUV stop here and turn around.  Too rough, I guess!  You can just see something, to the left of center in the distance, that is the top of the vehicle.  Cowles Mt. is to the immediate right of the tower of power.




A little bit further down the road we are looking down into Sycamore Canyon.



Ain't that some electricity pylon?  I could not resist taking its picture.



Two pictures of dried mud.  Which one do you like best?



I like this one more.  When did it last rain?



I forget what these are, AGAIN, but they are in bloom, and pretty!



I really couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this couch/hide-a-bed dumped here.  The bushes are keeping it suspended.



Officer, I think they may have had a cat.



Big deal, a bird.  Yea, but this RAPTOR burst up from a bush near by me and flew up into the air. After a while he caught a thermal, and after circling for a while he dived down and disappeared into the canyon.



Three pictures of this hole in a rock.


Closer (zoomed in)


Closest!!



At the parking lot.  I'm the only one here.  Besides that SUV I mentioned, I only saw one other person. He was running along the road and asked if that was the way to the 67.  I said yes.  Fifteen minutes later he running back the other way, and that was the last I saw of him.


A view of Sycamore Canyon from the parking lot.




It was very sunny, a bit warm (80s), and very very windy at times.

And now for something completely different...

==================================================================

I did some gas calculations and finally figured out (after ten years!) that the truck has a range of AROUND 214 miles before the light comes on,  and it gets about 17.12 mpg.

1 comment:

The Squeaky Cyclist said...

My guess is Black Sage, though.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers