It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, February 13, 2012

Walking, Yes Indeed

In a fit of pique I walked to the cigarette store to pick up supplies. It was about a four-mile walk, I figure, or very nearly.

I saw some interesting stuff along the way.

Saw this nifty Triumph Thruxton 900 at the Chico Club bar. What makes it a Thruston, I ask myself? Well, the name comes from a famous motorcycle race in England, and so many brands have used it to convey a sense of sportiness, I guess.



I thought this conduit run was interesting. I guess one has to be into conduit...



I hadn't notice the Eruv marking line lately, but I spotted it today. Kind of a "secret" layer to the world, not unlike geocaching.



Speaking of geocaching, I made the find on this little booger, one that I hadn't spotted the last time I looked for it, probably because it was early and darkish out. Today, in the light of day, no problem!



But before that I saw this Rolls Royce sitting by a church. A wedding? I don't know.



At the County Health Clinic I noticed there were at least THREE signs warning folks not to bring weapons into the building. THREE!



And here's a nice little '66 Mustang for you!



And lastly, a link (because it's nearly two megs in size) to a panorama of a car repair shop full of old cars. How many can YOU identify?

I see, from left to right: A jeep pickup (like Kelly's), A Nova SS, a MGB, a regular old Jeep, what I think is a Covair Monza, a green Ford Ranchero, another Jeep pickup, more like Kelly's, a white possibly Buick Riveria, and the black Buick outside the fence, which I cheated on and just read the logo on the trunk.

And that's what I did on Sunday.

2 comments:

Deanne said...

Cool motorcycle & Mustang. You did quit a bit on that Sunday. I cleaned my closet.

boodles said...

Your pose was nice! Save the mustang for us! Is that car lot where La Mesa RV used to be?

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers