It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day (A Furlough Day)

VOTER ID

I don't understand why requiring an ID to vote is a bad thing.  At least in SoCal, nearly everyone drives, so they probably have a driver's license, and most of the rest, I'm guessing, have the state ID card, so how many people are gonna be inconvenienced by having to produce identification?  I'd be interested in an exit poll of voters asking if they have an ID card.

Some people say there isn't a lot of voter fraud, so it's not necessary.  Maybe not, but it just seems like a good idea to me.

GEOCACHING

I got an email today about one of my caches a guy was looking for.  He said he couldn't find it, but did find an interesting piece of bark he decided to take home and make into a cache, and then found out it WAS the cache! Ha ha!  He had to drive back to put it back.  He also said maybe I should raise the difficulty rating.  I hope to see him at the geocaching pizza party this afternoon.  I shall harangue him about stealing caches!

2 comments:

Matthew Fedder said...

It looks like about 12% of registered voters don't have a drivers license or ID reflecting their current residence. Seems like it's evenly split between the elderly, the poor, and the young.

Not sure what they'd say about me: My ID has my mailing address (PO box) on it.

Anonymous said...

They use voting ID cards in Mexico, that is the main form of ID. I often got asked to show mine when I would use my debit card, so I told them I'm not Mexican so I don't have one. Some people don't seem to understand this. So I had to show my passport. kind of annoying.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers