It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Redux, A Geocaching Meetup

I headed out at 3 P.M. to the Annual Leap Day Flag Salute, Proposal, Pizza event in Mission Trail Regional Park.  It wasn't until 5:30, but I wanted to look for a couple of caches before the event. Plus, the event location was a mile walk from the trailhead. I found one of the caches, but not the other, which was OK because I've looked for it several times before.

I was the second person there, the first being a fellow from north county. I told him I wouldn't remember his name, and sure, enough, I forget!  Very nice guy!

The cache I found earlier had be place by MABY64, who turned out to be the bringer-of-salad!

I had JJDUO take a picture of me eating deep-dish pizza, so to prove to Kim that I really did go!




More and more people came, and more and more pizza was et! One of the bringers-of-pizza was Serrano7, who is the fellow that muggled my cache today. We had a good laugh about that!



And it got darker and darker, the way it does!  There were maybe ten kids in attendance, including one baby.  At least one of the kids had their own GPS receiver. I heard him say, when told there was a geocache in a certain spot, "Oh, that's why my GPSr kept pointing there!"



The view is very nice, and one I have not seen at night. Too bad I didn't bring a tripod! We are looking tto the south-ish, and that's probably the stadium all lit up. Or not.



This geo-truck was parked next to mine at the trailhead.  It has a trackable tag there on the window.



That is about all for now!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers