It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's On TV?

I wish I could reply directly to the comments, the comments SOME of you make! I have to approve them, then I forget which post they are referring to! I don't know how the big-time bloggers do it.

I was watching "Running Wilde" last night on the television and it flashed a scene of the "vacation" cottage. I said, "I've seen that before, there's a picture of it in my 'Shelter' book!" And in "Handmade House: A Guide To The Wood Butcher's Art". And I've always LOVED that little cottage/cabin, and wanted to know where it is. I did a lot of research and found nothing about the location, but I watched the episode again on the interweb and found that it is NOT the same house, but one very like. Compare the pics:

Running Wilde cottage 01
The "Running Wilde" cottage

2010JSeptember29 cottage 002
The "Shelter" cottage.

They ARE very alike, and both very cute, but sadly, not the same place.

But, I'd STILL like to know where they are!

Today I manned-up and stopped by Appliance Parts Center in El Cajon, a most EXCELLENT place with EXTREMELY knowledgeable people. I barely flashed my print-out of the photo of the serial number of my warshing machine when she grabbed the part I needed from under the counter. She said it's a very common repair. And practically the same for the dryer part I needed!

Here is what I purchased:

2010JSeptember29 parts 001

Warshing machine agit dogs on the left, the dryer door latch on the right. I replaced the dogs, now the agitator goes round and round! A very large screwdriver and some Vise Grips made short work of the dryer door-side latch, now it finally shuts soundly. It only took me five months to deal with these little problems!

I worked on my flat tire, too. I found four thorns, but only one had pierced the tube. I hope. It was a very tiny hole, I'm not REAL sure I covered it with the patch. So, it's sitting in the garage all pumped up, and I shall check it for leakage tomorrow. By the way, I now have FIVE patches on that tube. Might be time for a new tube!

1 comment:

boodles said...

How could you think they were the same, they look nothing alike? --kidding, dad

You always seem to have a thorn somewhere, or a bramble, or a thistle...

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers