It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, September 10, 2010

At Lowes

I had to make a cig run to Santee after work so I snuck a quick geocache find in on the way. I made the find, which was not TOO difficult as the cache owner had emailed me a hint after noticing my DNF last week. Still, I had to look three times, and quite closely, on my hands and knees, as there was a LEAF covering the dingus. Or rather, the rope holding the dingus.

Lowes was nearby, so I drove over there to see if they had some sticky pads, which they did, so I bought them. A new strategy in my war against the bugs! The twenty-something clerkette was very friendly, and called me "honey" several times. If you can imagine. I was wearing my red library shirt from Threadless, you know, the one with the date due slip on it. She commented on it. I told her I worked in a library, and she asked me my favorite book or author. I equivocated, but finally admitted Terry Pratchett was a favorite. She did not seem to know him. As I was nearly out the door she said, "What about Nicholas Sparks?" I replied, "Do I look like a Nicholas Sparks sort of guy?"

And so to home.

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Maybe you're a James Patterson kind of guy?

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers