It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, September 15, 2006

Watt hertz?

For some reason thought I might enjoy watching "Men In Trees" on television. The catchy title, I guess. I almost spit up when the innkeeper said he had a 10 megaHertz radio station. So, he has a shortwave broadcasting station? Ok, I guess. Really aren't too many of those in the United States, around 27 by my cruddy interweb count. I'm thinking, NOT!

Maybe he meant the station's power? Ten megawatts? That's 10 million watts. The highest power station I could find on the internets was 2.5 million watts. A typical high power station might be 500,000 watts. KCBQ in San Diego was a high power AM broacaster, back in the day, with a daytime power of the legal limit of 50,000 watts.

So a lame misteak starts the turn off from the show, for me. I guess it's back to the computer.

And here I am!

LATER: Stupid me! I plum forgot radio station WWV is on 10 mHz, with 10,000 watts of time-station goodness! I've GOT a QSL card from them, what the heck was I thinking? There is NO WAY he would have a station on that frequency. So, it is indeed just another stupid TV writer boo-boo. And this is a rant!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers