It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Foggy

It was pretty foggy this morning. I drove the truck because I had to run errands in the afternoon, like buy cigarettes and groceries (Importance in that order...). I had my headlights on, but then I usually do when I drive to work because it (and me) is usually dim.

I want people to see me.

I don't understand those people who drive with their "parking" lights on.

In the fog.

It's like, oh yah, your're twenty feet away, I can see your lights now.

Morons.

What are they thinking? They're gonna save a penny's worth of gas not having their headlights on?

Then there are the people with NO lighting what-so-ever!

Guess what, people, if I'm on the bike I CAN'T SEE YOU in my rearview mirror in the dim predawn. If you don't want me in your lap, turn on your headlights!

Yes, yes, I do a mirror check then and then a head turn. But if it doesn't attract my attention in the mirror I'm less likely to "see" it when I turn my head. The head turn is more to see "where" a car is, and to judge our closing speed, as it were, than to see if anything is there. Sort of a double check.

In other words, my vision sucks, so turn on your headlights!

**************************

In a "lighter" mood, I noticed the moon out today. I supposed I've seen it out during the day many times in my half-century (I REALLY must look up the proper use of the hyphen!), but it struck me today as a new and wonderful thing. I pointed it out to several kids and adults, and we were amazed.

And TODAY I didn't bring the camera!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ditto! I also hate people who don't use their turn signals!

D.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers