It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, August 25, 2017

The Trip: Day One

Here we got Day One of the Eclipse Trip, San Diego, California, to St. George, Utah.

We stopped to use the potty at the giant restaurants-in-train-cars-complex in Barstow.  It is quite ridiculous, but they got bathrooms!  We did not eat there this time, but we did on the way back.  But the bathrooms were closed for cleaning then!


We also went down to look around the olde Barstow train station for a few minutes.  We spent a LOT more time there on the way back!

I had to stop for a geocache at the Zzyzx overpass.  So here I am, clowning around, in the 109° F heat.


Too much trash around, I guess stuff blows off the cars and trucks as they pass.


I wish there was a Zzyzx sign in a safe place to pose a selfie, but sadly not.

Just a picture of the hills, for the memories.



When panoramas go bad...



Just wanted to doucment that temperature!  Funny, it was the same temperature in the area when we passed this way on the journey back.



The Ivanpah Solar Generating Facility.  Bright!



Near Las Vegas, undercover cars!



I had never seen this before, but my son knew about them.



Yes, we are in the land of the mysterious black pyramid!



This was arfter a pit stop at Love's Travel Stop where the Great Basin Highway intersects the 15. This picture is at a parking lot south of the intersection.  It says "Tacos Colima" on the map, but I didn't see anything.  There was a geocache here, which I found after much to-ing and fro-ing.



I just figured out that on Street View you can see a food truck, that must be the taco place.  Didn't see it in real time!

 We made it to St. George where we spent the night.  We had In-N-Out  Burger for dinner.  Found a cache walking to it, too.

Distance traveled: Approximately 449 miles.

That is all for Day One!



No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers