It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sunday, Monday & Tuesday

SUNDAY I went on down to the Eastlake area for a bit of geocaching in the early morning.  Due to the execretial parking situation I had to park a LONG way away from my planned spot, and walk a LOT farther than I expected.  Well, I tell a lie, I didn't have to walk THAT much farther, nor further. But it did total out to 5.5 miles.  Mostly flat, though.  I have forgotten how many geocaches I found, maybe eleven, and I'm too lazy to look it up, but I HAVE bothered to make a link to a short and boring little video I made of one cache area, so if you feel brave enough, and have the bandwidth to download eleven megs of video, click HERE.

MONDAY I went to the lab to have a sonogram, or maybe it was an ultrasound (is there a difference?) of various abdominal areas for to maybe figure out why there was a whiff of weirdness a couple of months ago.

TUESDAY one of the students brought in cupcakes for her last day in the library. I had never seen a cupcake carrier, so I had to take a pic:


I believe I may have been in a sugar coma for the rest of the morning.
 
After work it was off to a hill above a park to find a quick geocache for the day.  It was a very steep hill.  I couldn't figure out the cache, the iPhone said I was eighteen feet away, but there was a wall of green in front of me.  A hedgerow, almost. Pretty darn near impenetrable. And yet I tried, from various angles.  I went back to the where the arrow pointed into the giant bush, and sat for a while.  Stood up, looked around, sat back down.  Read the hint, read the past logs. Stood up again, whoops there it is, I was practically sitting under it!

Here is a picture of the view from the spot in question. More or less. Taken with the Fuji camera.



Here is either a large picture or a very short panorama of the view from the spot in question. Made with the iPhone in panorama mode.



That is about all I can think of. Except, curse FX for not allowing new episodes of Archer on Hulu!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers