It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Over Hill, Over Dale

I hit the not-so-dusty trail this morning in the dark to search for the geocaches on the west ridge of Spring Canyon, north of the 52 and west of Santee.

It was a chilly and misty morning in MTRP. The frogs were croaking, and there was a bit of water in the streambeds. And puddles on the trails to negotiate in the dark!

2010December28 geocaching 002

On the trail in Spring Canyon.

2010December28 geocaching 004

I keep passing these shot-up cans, I better take a picture to remember them by.

2010December28 geocaching 008

Climbing up the trail out of the canyon I saw a deer, so I got out the camera, but it was gone. Then I saw a hawk sitting on a wire, so I took a quick pic.

2010December28 geocaching 009

But it flew away! So, we get to look at some interesting slippage of land.

Artistic shot of power lines crossing a canyon.

2010December28 geocaching 010

Looking southeast towards Spring Canyon, Santee, and Cowles Mountain, from the ridge.

2010December28 geocaching 011

Elephant geocache.

2010December28 geocaching 015

Blood from getting stuck by pointy things near elephant geocache...

2010December28 geocaching 016

SpongeBob Squarepants geocache. These were the two cuties of the day.

2010December28 geocaching 017

Well, this one was SUPPOSED to test your ability to spot the geocache in the center of the image, but something went wrong!

2010December28 geocaching 018

I reduced the size and saved it at full quality. Pooh!

This dad and daughter duo passed me (with no warning) as I was heading back to the truck. Daughter is not wearing a helmet, and was riding like a maniac!

2010December28 geocaching 022

These guys took the muddy path, and I took the somewhat drier path.

2010December28 geocaching 023

Well, that is it for today. I found fifteen caches, I think. I'm sure I didn't find two. And that makes nine hundred and twenty career total.

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers