It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, December 24, 2010

A Caching We Will Go

I checked my email at ten this morning and found there was a new cache just listed, and no one had claim First To Find! And it was over by College Grove! I printed out the particulars, including a cache at The Grove itself I hadn't looked for yet, then rushed... no, I had to wait a couple of impatient minutes for the Grocery List to be completed--my excuse for sneaking off.

I got there and found I was THIRD To Find. Missed it by thirty minutes.

I went over to The Grove and spotted the cache there, and even touched it, but couldn't open it because of couple of muggles were sitting on the bench nearby, and they weren't moving anytime soon. Oh, well, at least I know where it is!

I hit a few stores on the way to the grocery--Dixieline, Target, Wal-Mart, and Trader Joe's. And Michael's. Couldn't find anything much, gift-wise. I weep.

Got the groceries, headed home. Spotted a couple of women lurking suspiciously around some bushes. I pulled over and approached them, and called out, "You ladies can't be geocachers, you're too well-dressed. Not scruffy enough!" Turned out the younger lady was ZoePDX from Portland, down visiting her mother and showing mom her new hobby of geocaching. I told her it wasn't in the big bush, but I couldn't remember exactly where it was. I spotted it, eventually, and gave her a couple of minor hints, and she found it too. I took off, as the groceries were probably melting.

When I got home I found I had missed Brenda's visit for the second year in a row. But, I still got the cookies and candy!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers