It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Periodically Speaking

Received what is probably my final issue of my subscription to Sunset magazine. If not the extra issue designed to ensnare me into another year. I've quite decided that I am not going to renew the magazine. No matter how many plative letters I receive from school band relatives. I find it too depressing. Unrealistic expectations, dreams that will never be fullfilled. Nor could be, really. Not unlike my relationship with the Walthers catalog. Over a thousand pages of HO fantasies.

As if, here are my favorite magazines, pretty much, from over the years:

Model Railroader
Popular Electronics
Electronics Illustrated
Drag Cartoons
Analog
The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction
National Lampoon
Ham Radio Horizons
Popular Communications
Softalk
QST
Bicycling

I had subscriptions to most of these, and bought the rest at the newstand. I still have tons of Model Railroaders around, but the rest have disappeared over the years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to get "Sunset Magazine" too. I liked reading all the different articles on gardening,interior/exterior decorating/remodeling, cooking and cool vacation spots. It is a bit discouraging reading it as I know that I'll never have a garden as beautiful as the ones they have or go to the many of the highlighted "in" places to go. Maybe if I win the Lotto I can see and do all these things but I guess I would need to start buying lotto tickets, huh?

D.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers