It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Waiting For...

You've probably already seen this, but it's news to me:

Bill Maher on drug testing of volunteer library helpers.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/new-rule-we-dont-need-d_b_32463.html

A quote from this, plus other interesting library-related quotes, was in the January 2007 issue of American Libraries. You're not finding THAT at the newstand, I'm thinking!

I was reading the November/December 2006 issue of Westways yesterday at the CT/MRI place whilst waiting for the Berry EM to flow through my guts. It was the article titled "Book Smart" by David Dutton that caught my attention. It was about Lawrence Clark Powell, who was a big name in the library biz, as it were. I read a book he wrote titled "Bookman's Progress", I'm pretty sure it was. It was a long time ago! But I remember I enjoyed it very much!

I also read Cosmo (very enlightening!), Parents, National Geographic, and Wood magazine. I didn't get to finish Wood, they called me to get zapped. Now I'll never get to finish that article on how to make an adjustable mini-clamp using a clothespin!

I also walked around the area a bit, to help the gunk flow. I walked up by Miramar Road and looked in the windows of all the furniture stores. A different world, I was thinking, different than mine! My calves were rather sore the next day. Too much bicycling, not enough walking!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers