It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, December 18, 2006

Baby, It's Cold Out There!

The boy called Sunday and suggested we take a little road trip to see the International Space Station pass over. I readily agreed, as I was BORED outa my skull, having not left the apartment for two days, except to WALK to Vons to pick up a case of Pepsi, a hunk of cheese, and some non-fat cottage cheese.

So, we headed up to the windmills.

windmills


We parked very near top windmill in the picture. It was very cold, and there was snow in the shaded areas. It wasn't as clear as we hoped, there were clouds moving in from the north. We finally saw the ISS pass over. It's like a fast moving star.

Next time I'm bring my long johns and something warm to drink!

And the scanner, we could have listened to any ham radio yakking going on.

Back in the day we used the scanner to listen to the Dove satellite. We had the tracking program going on the computer in the house and the scanner outside hooked up to the four element quad, pointing into the sky. The neighbors thought we wuz crazy!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers