It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, August 08, 2011

Sat. and Mon.

Saturday I walked over to my second-nearest cache and replaced the wet log and added a bit of camo. The next day a guy looked for it and couldn't find it. Maybe the camo was too good? See the pic below:

2011Aug06 geocache

Monday a new cache popped up in my email so I drove over to MTRP to make the find. I was first, so I scored the FTF! As I was exiting the bushes I met the fellow who would be second-to-find (STF).

In the afternoon I had to run an errand, so I looked for some caches along the way. One was called Claustrophobic Canyon, an ominous name! It was deep little narrow canyon just off of Collwood sort of in the Collage area. The water must really run during our "rainy" season, those shopping carts are really buried!

2011Aug08 geocaching 004

My backpack kept snagging on the overgrown overhead brush and trees. This pic looked much more interesting in real life, the pic is sort of flat. That's the trail, as it were, heading into the canyon.

2011Aug08 geocaching 002

I finally made the find, and only got stuck a few times by a wicked-sharp agave plant. I suggested in the log that one might need to wear safety goggles here!

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Your camo job was good. You stumbled across a shopping cart graveyard.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers