It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Saturday On Pyle's Peak

Hiked up and over Pyle's Peak to pick up the seven geocaches I still had to get that were north of the peak. Found all seven, although two of them were very tricky.

Panorama I made of Pyle's Peak and Cowles Mountain.

2011Aug20 geocaching 006_stitch

Picture of ME at a flag pole in the middle of erehwon.

2011Aug20 geocaching 009

Gmaps Pedometer claims a round trip distance of 3.6 miles, with I-don't-know-how-much elevation gain, but it must certainly be MILES! Felt like it! By looking at a topographic map I'm guessing around 1,700 feet of "up", and the same "down", spread over those 3.6 miles.


1 comment:

Deanne said...

Zowie! 1700 ft! Jacob would get vertigo. The kid is afraid of heights. Doesn't matter if your just looking from afar, on a roller coaster, on a bridge...We want to go to the Grand Canyon but I think that would really freak him out!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers