It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday At The Other Lake

I worked up some gumption and drove over to Kumeyaay Lake to pick up some fairly new geocaches. On the way I stopped on one library to return books, took some moola out of an ATM, stopped at another library to check out some books, looked for a geocache that I haven't been able to find yet (Going for the DNF record!), looked for yet another geocache (and found it), and bought some grass trimmer line at San Carlos Hardware (that turned out to be cheaper than Lowe's).
But, I digress...

There were three geocaches at the lake. I've never been to the lake part of the campground, nor the campground part, for that matter.  I HAVE plugged up a toilet in the restroom on a dark, dark day in November 2009. I managed  to find all three caches, even though two of them had "3" (out of five) difficulty ratings. One of the caches was full of GUNS!!

2011Aug18 geocaching

I spotted only one person at the lake, an artist sketching.

I did a bit of reconnoitering  for some caches I need on the north side of Pyle's Peak. I discovered that what I, for some reason, thought was a valley, was indeed a BIG HILL. Topographic maps, how do they work?

Next I went to Lowe's to get some sticky ant pads, checked the price of grass trimmer line and was glad, then I went home.

1 comment:

Deanne said...

Watched a show on Argentinian ants! Horrible!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers