It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Vacation Day Une

Yesterday was "Braniac"  day at work, the second day of Spirit Week (The first day was "Tie" day, which everyone pretty much didn't know about).  I wore my blue "Smart" t-shirt. Unfortunately I was unable to carry off the theme, as I forgot to bring my pants and had to don my back-up pants, a pair of grey corduroys from many pounds ago.

2011May024 research 004

As for today, I took a vacation (because the school district can't afford to pay me for days that I don't use, over the limit of how many I can save) day, finished reading Prodigal Child, by E. David Moulton, and went geocaching in the mid-day.  The weather was sunny and warmish, but not too bad. The bees were beeing, the rabbits were hopping about, and an occasional quail sneakted across the path.  The path being the dirt access road in Navajo Canyon.  My mission? To find the three caches I couldn't find the LAST time I was here.  I found the two 101 - Dalmatians caches easily enough, this time, mostly because some fine folks replaced the caches since I was here last. This series, I call them the doggy caches, each have a clue to find the last one.  The "one to bind them", as it were. I've found maybe twenty of them so far, but I haven't been writing down the clues. So I guess I will NEVER find poor Rolly!  Oh, yes, each of the caches is named after one of the dalmations.


Let us put some white space in here, it makes it easier to read.

Near one of the doggy caches was quite a mess. I guess they had a little leak in the pipe.

2011May025 geocaching 003


The last cache was also the first. But I didn't find it the first time today. But I persevered, and found the booger on the way out of the canyon.  The lid was missing, though.  Back in one of the doggy caches someone had left a big black plastic spider.  This one had a big black plastic bug.   Oh, wait a minute, that big black plastic bug is MOVING! Yikes!

2011May025 geocaching 005

I lost my Sharpie somewhere in the canyon today. I'm not going back for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad, is that really a real bug??

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers