It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fixing TheCache

I had to go grocery shopping today, so I decided to combine trips, like a conscientious soul, and do a repair on one of my geocaches that had been reported as "in pieces". I did the little hike to find that it didn't look too bad, only the roof was in two pieces. I already knew that, from prior logs.  I brought some plastic cement, so I glued the pieces together, and added a little bracing.  The last online log had also reported the log was missing, and since I knew the log was in a medicine bottle, that must be missing too. So I brought a new (camoed!) bottle and a new log sheet. Here's a pic:

2011May014 geocache 002

I looked around and found the top to the old medicine bottle, slightly gnawed.  It looks like something with big teeth is denning in the area.

2011May014 geocache 005

The old bottle did not have the camo tape on it, and the new one does. So maybe Mr. Big Teeth won't be able to spot it inside the barn. Ha ha!

I went to the grocery store afterward.  I managed to forget the check book, with the shopping list neatly tucked inside, back in the vehicle. So I had to fake my way through.  I KNEW, as I related to an older lady in the cat food aisle, that I needed cat food and salt.  And meat.  The boss said I did OK.

I just finished reading Pathfinder, by Orson Scott Card.  Good stuff. When is the sequel coming out?

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers