It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Today

I took off early to do a little geocaching.  I visited several caches in El Cajon and Lakeside that I hadn't found before, and found three of them today.  The ones in Lakeside are at the River Park Trail.  I took along a piece of string with three newly-purchased treble hooks slipped onto it, for to retrieve a cache that I found had fallen WAY DOWN into a pipe. So as to help out the cache owner, you understand.  And to see if I could do it.  Well, with much line untangling and several sticks of the hooks I found that I could not hook it. Oh well!

Saw this Interesting Vehicle while tramping the trails. Looks like some sort of military RV. Said trail runs right behind that fence there.

2011April010 geocaching 010

I headed over to Santee to look for another cache. That cache turned out to not actually BE in the GPSr (GPS receiver). Probably why I didn't find it the last time I was out here. Another cache popped up, though, called "Zombies Ahead". I'm SURE I didn't put it in the GPSr, it must have been those zombies!

So I ended up with four Finds, and two Did Not Finds.

We have acquired a noisy blue jay (Western Scrub Jay) in the yard.  I was waiting for Google Maps (and waiting and waiting...) to load this morning and heard a little meow from the back yard  I head it several more times, then noticed the blue jay was squawking, too. I went outside to find the jay sitting about two feet from the cat, who was lying on the ground next to the birdbath. Of course when I ran out with the camera they moved to ruin the exquisite composition I had envisioned.


2011April010 bluejay 002

The blue jay is on the left, still squawking at the poor kitty.  That chair broke this morning when I sat on it. The seat material was rotten, and the wood shattered, too!


Here is a better picture of the blue, ahem, I mean, Western Scrub Jay.

2011April010 bluejay two 002

Speaking of the cat, here is (one) of his new favorite places to hang out...under the desk!

2011April08 cat

Someone needs to dust under there!



I'm reading Bill Bryson's At Home: A Short History Of Private Life.  It's not that short, and there is an immense amount of digressing. It's like wikipedia, or more like, Television Tropes & Idioms. You go there to look up something interesting, and three hours later you realize you have wandered quite the wandering path and it's time to go to bed. Or eat dinner.

I spent quite a bit of time reading about William Beckford and Fonthill Abbey, the incredible house he built. I spent a lot of time checking out the location on Google Maps (and waiting for said GMaps to load!!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those blue jays used to always wake me up when I lived there!

And that is one BIG scraggly kitty!

Deanne said...

Interesting review. I have Bill Bryson's book sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. Nice pic of the Western Scrub Jay & the cat. I don't remember the cat being so dark.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers