It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Geocaching Today

Headed out to north of Santee to do a little geocaching before it rains.  Found twelve caches, didn't find one, twice.

This is the cutest cache of the day, a little bell in a bush.

2011April07 geocaching Santee 001

Lot's of pretty views from the tops of the ridges. Lots of ridges. Lots of up and down!

I could hear a Sheriff's helicopter down in the valley telling the occupants of a house to come out with their hands over their heads. Always exciting times in Santee!

2011April07 geocaching Santee 003

The sun was coming in and out, I thought it maybe was going to rain, but it didn't. Nice sunbeams, though!

2011April07 geocaching Santee 010

Cowles Mountain way off in the distance.

2011April07 geocaching Santee 009

I find power lines dramatically impressive. I don't know why.

2011April07 geocaching Santee 005

Did not see any deer or rabbits, but I DID see:

A hummingbird.

2011April07 geocaching Santee 012

A caterpillar.

2011April07 geocaching Santee 015

And this bird that hovered on that thermal for about two minutes. I took a movie, but it was less than impressive. So you don't get to see it.

2011April07 geocaching Santee 018

Slippage of the terrain is always interesting. These hillsides have been here for zillions of years, how come it fell down?

2011April07 geocaching Santee 014

Oh, I forgot this one, it's Sycamore Canyon north of the Santee Lakes. Ain't that pretty? We used to ride our motorcycles and go target shooting out there.  I vaguely recall braving the dirt roads in the Buick White Phantom for a little canoodling, once. Ah, youth!

2011April07 geocaching Santee 016

I found a couple of Monster Energy drink cans. I guess the partakers of the beverage didn't have enough energy to pick up their trash! So I did.

2011April07 geocaching Santee 017


That's about it for today. Only 140 more caches in area to go!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers