It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Today & The Other Day

As far as the other day, I was "working" on the computer (either reading reddit or playing DTD) and I kept getting distracted by a rustling from the other room. It was very annoying. I thought that either C. was rummaging around in the closet, or we had mice.

I finally got up to look. This is what I found.

2011January14 cat 001

A rather despondent-looking cat!

2011January14 cat 002

I figured he did not want to deliver Avon products, so after making him wait while I took numerous photos, trying to get him to look up (strike a pose!), I finally took the bag off. Unfortunately, all the photos (except these) had the flash reflection, making him look rather demonic.

Last night I finished reading If You're Reading This, It's Too Late, by Pseudonymous Bosch.



As for today, I went geocaching this morning (big surprise) in Allied Gardens, Cowles Mountain, El Cajon/Santee (my canyon, as it were), and Hillside Park just off of Fletcher Parkway.

One of the caches I found on Cowles Moutain was this one. Can you spot it?

2011January16 geocaching 001

It's behind the fake green leaf, under the smaller rock, next to the larger rock!

The view is nice from up there, too. From the right perspective you can't even SEE the Santee sprawl!

2011January16 geocaching 002

Hey, I've been on that ridge over there!

I talked to a lot of people today, for a change. In an Allied Gardens canyon I talked to a fellow walking his dog about the trails there.

On Cowles Mountain there were a ton of people going up and down the trail from Big Rock Road. Up near the top end of the trail I helped some bicyclists find the correct trail to Mesa Drive. on the way back down I was queried by an Asian-looking woman as to whether I had seen a group of Asian people. I replied in the negative. I encountered a group of people with a group of dogs. One of the dogs was a Basenji, the first I've ever seen in real life, as opposed to television (and the movies--Good-Bye, My Lady, a title I always misremember as Weep No More, My Lady, which I find is the title of the short story that the book, and thence the movie, is based on.). I told her it was my dream dog. Too bad I didn't think to take a picture! Near the bottom of the trail I passed three chubby South Pacific-looking (give or take a few thousand miles) men going the other way, one of whom said "How's you doing, boss", which I thought was rather exotic.

In the interest of journalistic integrity I must clarify that I did not hike the Big Rock Trail all the way to the dirt road that goes up Cowles Mountain, much less to the peak. I went as fair as the Mesa Road trail, then down that trail for four hundred feet. Then I retraced my steps back to the vehicle.

All clear now?

1 comment:

Matthew Fedder said...

That picture with the Avon bag is awesome!

I see you got 12 caches today - I brag about you and your many finds to all my friends. We went for a short walk today through one of the lesser canyons around here and found some caches... including a cache that didn't match the description, which makes us wonder if maybe it's a premium or non-geocaching.com cache.

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers