It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Power Strip Blues

Today I took apart another power strip that was giving me some annoyance. Turned out to be yet another bad solder connection. I don't know if it overheated and melted, or what. I tried soldering it, but it did not look too good. It looks the wire isn't even copper. Maybe I should replace the wire with piece of #12 copper.

Firstly, remember to turn on Macro when taking closeup photos...

2011January19 power strip 002

Now, with macro on, we can almost see the bad connection. This is before soldering, remember. I could pull the wire right through the hole.

2011January19 power strip 003

It was so warm and clear yesterday, but today the clouds and fog came in early. You can see a bit of blue to the right of Cowles Mountain, but it was totally gone by the time I rode home. I even turned on the strobe when going under a bridge, a bridge with a diminishing bike lane.

2011January19 Cowles Moutain fog 004

I tell a lie. I just remembered I took that photo after work. Forget I said anything!

I was going to take a photo of the ENORMOUSLY LONG (a foot, two??) curly hair that was stuck in the library front door panic bar when I came in Tuesday, but the custodians seem to have disposed of it. Too bad!

I got email notice that three nearby geocaches went active this morning, but I was at work. So sad! I did a ride-by on two of them. I think I spotted the one in the Mario's parking lot, but there were two many folks around. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow. The other, I didn't see it. I note the second cacher to log DNFed it.

I found the cat in the garage when I got home. C. says she didn't go in there, and the cat went out around three. Maybe the neighbors (we share a garage) let him in.

I got an email from a purportedly Russian chick:
Hi dear! I am for a decent man.

As for me, I am a young Russian girl
Do you like Russian women?

They are not just beautiful and smart, but very tolerant too.
Russian women value family and try to be with their husbands as much as possible.

It's time to get to know each other!
See you on marriage agency. Cheerio!
Do I like Russian women? I don't know any, right off hand, but I do love the accent! Sounds like they beat the heck out of Chinese Girlfriends who think they are Superior! But what's with the "Cheerio"? Is that a Russian expression? извините!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers