It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sat. Morn.

Snuck off to look for geocaches in the 'hood this morning. Found all of them (three), even the one I've visited three times in the last two days. And one of those times was on the trek out this morning. I find one can be much less conspicuous when one is not on the bike. I forgot to take the camera, so you do not get to see the Morris Minor nor the Opel GT I saw. Perhaps another time.

Finished reading There's A Boy In The Girls' Bathroom!, by Louis Sachar. It was recommended by a student who said it was not what she expected, but was very good. I teared up a bit at the end. Sachar wrote Holes, if you recall the movie or the book.

I want to publicly thank the good folks who left their "stamps for pans" at Albertsons. I was a few short of the required number for a small pan, but the cashier said customers had left ones that they were not able to use with her, saying to give them to someone that needs them. So, I got a free pan!

Last night I waded through the morass of the FCC website and renewed my license. Actually, once I got my password reset it was extremely painless. Now, if I could only figure out how to do my taxes online!

Speaking of, I talked to several people who PAY someone to do their taxes for them, just so they can get the refund early. If you have simple taxes, it seems fiscally foolish to pay what one person said was around three hundred bucks. I don't know, do the tax refund people REALLY charge that much for a simple return? I advised them to do it themselves, as a backup, and see if they come up with the same numbers. I remember I missed a twenty dollar refund one year that a professional would have caught, but it didn't seem worth the hassle to file a amended return. I am exceedingly lazy!

And, speaking of, at least in California, how do people not know they have to pay "sales tax" on internet purchases? I know some (most) people blow it off, but really, how do you not know? It's right on the form. Do the professional preparers not ask them about their online purchases? You really should know what you are signing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read that book a few years ago. I don't remember what it was about but it was better than I expected, I remember that!

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers