It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Monday, August 23, 2010

Last Day Of Vacation

Yes, it's the last day. Or rather, it's the FIRST DAY of WORK, because we be furloughed for a day. So, it's work, but I'm not there. And not getting paid. So I went geocaching at Fiesta Island.

It was the best of times, it was the worst...

I had PLANNED to break seven hundred today, but alas, the best laid plans, etc.

I found this can of beer, if you can call it that, at the OTL structure. I did not find the geocahe, however.

2010JAugust23 Fiesta Island 002

I left the can there, too. You can go get it if you want. The image is geotagged at zooomr.com, as are most of the ones I post.

At the next cache I found this weird thing, with some kind of liquid in it. Very scary! I took a picture and looked it up when I got home. Chagrin!

2010JAugust23 Fiesta Island 003

At the next cache, some five hundred feet away, I found that I had left my hiking staff (you remember, the one that I found at a geocache in MTRP?) at the last cache. I also noticed that my GPSr showed that the cache and I were under water. After logging the cache I proceeded back to the PREVIOUS cache to retrieve the stick!

Well, it went on all morning, walking and finding and walking and not finding. The fog started to roll in around 10 a.m., that was a bit weird.

There were lots of dogs and bicyclists, and even a couple of horses.

Eventually I went home.

The taillless cat sometimes hops in the tub. I don't know why. He hops right out again if I go into the bathroom. I had to stick him back in three times to finally get this "candid" shot!

2010JAugust23 cat 001

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers