It's not JUST about what I had for breakfast...

Friday, August 06, 2010

Counting

I got that idea about how I should have taken a picture at each of my geocaching milestones, as they were, and how I could AT LEAST go back a do that, for my virtual, as it were, geoscrapbook, so I copy my cache list out of geocaching.com and pasted it into a spreadsheet. I plunked a formula into a column, so as to give me a count. The count was one more than the geocaching.com count. I spent three hours trying to figure out how that happened. Well, one hour was spent trying to figure out how to delete objects en masse.

Anyway, turns out that in 2005 I found certain cache, then the cache owners moved the cache and changed the name, but it still had the same "GC Code". So, geocaching.com counts it as one unique find, but I've got two find logs on it.

So that is going to throw off my milestones, as previously announce, by one. If I ever manage to go take those pictures they will be according to the count on my spreadsheet.

So THERE!

No comments:

Search This Blog

About Me

Blog Archive

Followers